1) Kissing removes stress। Your hectic schedule at work is really enough to test anyone’s sanity. To prevent crashing and burning, begin a day with a kiss. It will give you that needed positive attitude boost. Kissing gives you an adrenaline rush, which counters hydrocortisone, a hormone that is produced when the body is stressed. Kissing relieves stress by soothing the mind and having the effects of a great relaxation technique.
2) Kissing fights against tooth decay. Kissing is nature’s own mouth-cleaning process. Deep kissing increases the flow of saliva, which contains substances that fight bacteria, viruses and fungi. This in turn keeps the mouth, teeth and gums healthy. While kissing shouldn’t be a replacement for brushing your teeth, it does fight plaque and cavities because of the calcium and phosphorous in the saliva. Still, you should have your routine visits to your dentist twice a year. You can kiss more often as well.
3) Kissing burns calories। Kissing burns kilojoules. The more passionate the kiss, the greater the basal metabolic rate. A kiss increases fitness levels by improving your cardiovascular circulation. The excitement produces adrenaline into the bloodstream and your heart pumps more blood effectively in your body. Kissing may lead to more passionate kissing. More passionate kissing could lead to more sultry sex, thereby creating a “kiss-sexercise” cycle. Kissing is not exactly a cardiovascular workout like running on a treadmill, but it certainly is a dandy way to add to a healthy and active lifestyle.
4) Kissing tones facial muscles. Kissing can give your lips, tongue, cheeks, face, jaw and neck muscles quite a workout. As the dozens of little face muscles exercise, they increase blood circulation which helps smoothen out wrinkles and slow the aging process. Some say these exercises could keep you looking younger, invigorated, and certainly looking happier. Kissing makes you smile, too. Didn’t we all learn at a young age how frowning makes your skin sag?
5) Kissing enhances the immune system। Exposure to the “good” germs that inhabit your partner’s mouth beefs up your immune system. By exchanging bacteria through a kiss you are stimulating your internal defense mechanism. It has to be in amounts just enough to stimulate your immune system to be stronger. There are some cultures that share spit in other ways, through community meals and “special” beverages. This leads to a shared immune response, and makes a group more robust and healthier as a whole.
6) Kissing boosts your morale. When our well-being improves, our self-esteem increases. The possibilities of self-improvement through the beneficial effects of kissing and what follows are endless. There’s nothing better than a passionate kiss for a major dose of feel-good factor. In theory, when you’re kissing, you’re happy. And when you’re happy, you feel good about yourself. We feel more secure and better about ourselves, and our outer persona reflects it. Don’t you ever wonder how people find out the following morning why you look so relaxed and composed after a good bout of kissing the night before?
7) Kissing is a form of meditation। Kissing induces the same brain wave and physiological changes that meditation does. Kissing quiets the mind and, in that sense, it is much like meditation as it quells all the yackity-yak. If your mind still buzzes and chatters inside while you are kissing someone, then you may be kissing the wrong person. Try to find the right partner to give you that inner peace.
8) Kissing induces emotional bonding. Kissing your partner is a fun, pleasurable and important part of physical intimacy and helps maintain a sense of togetherness and love. It is commonly accepted by biological anthropologists that evolution has selected for humans to form strong emotional bonds with other people. Evolution selected sensitive lips for reasons other than kissing. They were so sensitive, that they were easily adapted to being used in a physical expression of emotional bonding.